Related Results

Saturday, February 16, 2013

1 Year Anniversary

Believe it or not, this blog has been up for a year now.  WHOOOO!  For those that don't know, this actually started as a blog to chronicle a Super Bowl bet I had going with one of my fraternity brothers.  Since then, it has turned into opinionated articles on various topics in sports.  I've covered everything from Jeremy Lin to the UFC to realigning conferences.  I've learned better ways to write as well as interesting things about sports I didn't even know while researching for these blog posts. 

Some people like to read, I like to write.  My grammar and word vocabulary may not be on par with English majors, but if I can present my information in an engaging way, then I think I've done my job.  The great part about my own blog is I am free to write about what I want, and express my opinions how I want.  With that being said, would anyone want to see more or less of something?  More boxing/UFC?  More baseball and steroids?  More broomball (let's play rather than write about it)?  I try to keep a variety of sports going so one demographic isn't left out.  I also shy away from the really sensitive things like the Manti Te'o incident and the scandal at Penn State.  Apart from that, I'm open to anything if you're so inclined.  If not, I'll just keep em coming.

Last but not least, I want to say thank you to everyone that has been reading these.  It doesn't matter if this is your first one you've read or your 31st, I am appreciative.  Once I get flowing, the writing goes by pretty quick, but information gathering can be tedious.  I've had an idea about what I've wanted to write before, only to find evidence online that refutes my opinion, which usually results in a scrapped blog post.  I've seen my number of page views steadily increase and have found extra support for posts about Chicago teams (Bulls one probably coming soon).  So once again, thank you for your time to read these, spread the word, and here's to year 2 of Matty O's blog.

Matty O

No comments:

Post a Comment