Related Results

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

2014 Regional Breakdown: Final Four

Florida vs Michigan State
This could be one for the ages.  As mentioned in my East article, I think Michigan State have the talent as a healthy team to have been a number one seed.  Florida has been dominant all year long and match up well with the Spartans.  If these two teams wind up facing each other, I think it could be the best game of the tournament.  It's really a toss up between these two things, but I think Florida will hit more shots when they need to as they knock off the Spartans in a classic.

Louisville vs Creighton
Unfortunately, I don't think this game is nearly as close or exciting.  My main reason for picking Creighton to come out of their region is because I just didn't see a serious threat to them until the Arizona game.  Had they been the three seed in the East for example, and North Carolina was waiting for them, I might have my doubts.  Doug McDermott will still put up points, but the overall talent of Louisville will eventually take over in the second half.  Louisville wins in a game that will be closer than the final score will indicate.

National Championship:  Florida vs Louisville
Louisville returns to the title game to try and win back to back titles, while Florida appears in the title game for the first time since winning back to back titles in 2006 and 2007.  This should be another great battle, but I think Florida's overall team beats out Louisville.  Louisville has a tendency at times to rely on Russ Smith a bit too much.  While he's a great player to rely on, I think it could cost them against an all around solid team like Florida.  Close but no cigar for Louisville, while Billy Donovan wins his third national title.

Matty O


No comments:

Post a Comment